I bake these at least once a week, mostly because I never get sick of them, and I typically have the ingredients on hand at all times. These are my go-to dessert for office parties, cookie swaps, and get-togethers with friends. Just make sure you keep one for yourself…they seem to disappear VERY quickly. A guaranteed hit for any occasion. Enjoy!
1 stick butter
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 ¼ cups white flour
1 cup (or as many as desired) milk or dark chocolate chips (I used dark!)
1 cup heath-bar bits(optional)
1)Preheat oven to 350
2) Soften butter in the microwave on low power—do not melt.
3) Once the butter is softened, mix in sugars with a spatula.
4) Once mixed, add in both eggs and vanilla. Stir until mixed.
5) Add baking soda, and gradually add the flour.
6) Once mixed, add chocolate chips.
7) Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, or until browned. (I like mine slightly undercooked. That way, they stay doughy when they’re cold!)
Thick, dense, doughy, chewy. Good luck eating just one :)