My pumpkin problem continues. I think I’ve had something “pumpkin” flavored every day of October…yikes. I figure I mine as well enjoy it while it’s still in season. I still had a remaining can of pumpkin in my cupboard last week, and I needed wanted to make a batch of something with it! Cupcakes? Cookies? I couldn’t decide…so I combined the two! I’ve had major success with making cookies in cupcake tins. I think the end result looks cuter than just a simple cookie, and it cuts down on washing those darn cookie sheets. It’s a win/win if you ask me! I made mine in orange/black cupcake liners, perfect for Halloween. I gave these to a friend and was told they were demolished in 2.2 seconds. Success! Bet you can’t eat just one….I couldn’t..
P.S. I halved the recipe below and it made 12-13 cupcakes (it probably would’ve made 14 but I ate an excessive amount of dough…oops). The regular recipe would make at least 24 cookie cupcakes. Enjoy!
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin puree ( I used Libby’s)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 cups (12-ounce bag) chocolate chips, not semisweet
Nonstick cooking spray
1) Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin tins.
2) Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds.
4) Stir in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons into lined muffin tins and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until they are browned around the edges.
5) Remove from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes. Take the cookie cupcakes out of the muffin tins and cool them on wire racks (or on a fall placemat!)
Deliciously moist and the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor…I want to make these again already!
What’s your favorite pumpkin dessert? Please share!