Hello, hello! Happy Sunday in the states/Monday in Australia : – )
May I just say, holy WOW time flies. The last “favorites” post I did was over a month ago! Based on the number of pictures I’ve taken on my phone in the last 30 days, I’d say it’s about that time I share some new things I’m loving in Australia. To me, one of the most exciting things about living in a different country is discovering new things on a daily basis. Anything from new foods, different product packaging, a new walking path, a coffee shop, a restaurant; the possibilities are endless, and it makes every day exciting. Plus, I’m very hopeful that maybe, just maybe, some of my dear friends and family will read these posts and be inspired to come visit us and see these things, too : – )
A girl can dream!
Anyway, here’s what I’m loving so far in March:
1) Seeing cruise ships from the treadmill: Yes, you read that right, cruise ships from the treadmill. That’s just one of the benefits of joining a gym that overlooks the ocean I suppose! I was that weird girl taking pictures on the treadmill but I didn’t care. I have a slight obsession with cruises.
2) New cereal boxes: I’m honestly age 26 going on 6… I think the marketing here on cereals is the cutest thing! The prices, however, are another story. $8 for Nutri-Grain…yuck!
3) Boost Juice Bar Smoothies: A few weeks ago Brandon and I went to the mall and I was craving a smoothie more than anything, but I’ve struggled to find healthy options here. Boost Juice Bar offered a large variety of healthier options (such as low-fat yogurt and skim milk) for a decent price, too. I’ll be going back!
4) Sunsets and sunrises on the ocean: I will never, ever, ever get tired of looking at these!
5) Ciabatta Restaurant: A few weeks ago I had my favorite meal thus-far in Australia: Macadamia Crusted Wild Baramunndi (a white fish, similar to Cod) served over a bed of butternut pumpkin, peas, pine-nuts and pan-fried gnocchi, all in a sage and butter sauce. Best.thing.ever.
7) Pretty coffee: This has been in my favorites before, but really, I don’t think I’ll never get sick of “latte art”. One of my goals in the next couple of months is to take a coffee-making class so I can learn how to do this.
8) Running in the sunshine: Still loving it!
9) Australia celebrating Easter: Many of the holidays we celebrate in the U.S.A. aren’t celebrated here as much, so I was PSYCHED when I spotted chocolate Easter bunnies and Cadbury eggs!
10) Icecream and fro-yo trips: Obviously, Australia has ice-cream, but anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE soft-serve, waffle cones, and cookie dough icecream. I had my first scoop of cookie dough and my first waffle cone here yesterday at Baskin Robbins, and it was glorious! The perfect Sunday treat.
What are you loving lately?