Hi there and happy Friday! I’m not sure where the time goes, but I’m not complaining. Friday came quickly this week! I have so much to share with all of you (wedding updates, recipes, etc.) but I have to get through my 4 exams next week before doing so. In the meantime, here’s my Friday confessions:
2) Airbrushed make-up rules. My sister, Shauna (a bridesmaid), and myself went in for our wedding make-up trial last weekend and it was amazing. Porcelain-looking skin for the day? Sign-me up! Our make-up must-haves for the wedding are : bold lips, smoky eyes with shimmer, bronzing, and contouring. Does that make us pains-in-the-neck? If so, oh well. We are having Serai Beauty out of Greenwich, RI do our make-up, and they are lovely to work with. Can’t wait for May 25th!
3) I’m currently obsessed with the ‘Irish Crème’ coffee flavor at Dunkin’ Donuts. I’ve been treating myself twice a week on my long days at school, as it gives me something to look forward to in- between classes. Just two pumps in a black iced-coffee works for me. I’m already dreading the day they take the flavor away. Has anyone tried the mint coolatta? I’m such a sucker for promotional items.
4) My sister and I taste-tested potential wedding favors over the weekend. Cake-pops, cupcakes, and sugar cookies were on the menu. Can you say best job ever?! I am pretty sure she’s going to go with cake-pops from Sugar Bakery (a winner of Food Network’s Cupcake Wars), fingers crossed.
5) I started volunteering at a senior center this week and I absolutely love it. I’m creating and baking sugar-free desserts for the diabetics at the center and yesterday was my first group session. It was so fun to get to know some of the members, and was an amazing feeling to be doing something that I’m passionate about, while helping others. That is a win-win in my book.
6) I ran outside for the first time in over two months last week…ouch. While I’ve been getting my cardio in via other forms of exercise (elliptical, biking, and HIIT workouts) I must admit my entire body felt that run over the next few days; calves, thighs, abs, everything! I am so excited to pound the pavement consistently this spring. Go away, snow!
7) My sister’s bridal shower is only nine days away! Everything is really coming together, and I am so excited to celebrate the bride-to-be. Since I am obsessed with all things Wedding Paper Divas, I loved the invitations my Mom and I picked out. Here’s a sneak peek:
8) Brandon comes home in 5 weeks, 5 weeks, 5 weeks! Clearly I have a countdown going. Can you blame me? He was recently in Sydney visiting friends who had a beautiful baby girl late last year, and sent me this picture. Isn’t this the cutest?
9) Eating gluten and dairy free (besides my wedding-favor tasting) is getting easier and easier thanks to more and more companies making great products, and adapting old recipes with new ideas. For example:
Best animal crackers I’ve ever tasted :
What’s your Friday confession?
Have a great weekend, friends!