Hello, hello! For anyone reading, I apologize for my week-long absence. As of last week, I officially became a student again (yay!) and ever since, I have barely had a moment to breathe. We even had class on Saturday (I hope that never happens again)! But on a positive note, I’m loving being back at school and finally feel as though I’m studying something I actually want to be studying. I really wish I’d done that the first time around, but with age comes experience, right ? Much to my surprise, I’m not the oldest one in class and I didn’t forget how to study, so I should be prepared just in time for next week when I start my full schedule. I know I’ll have a lot to share in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, here’s some things I’ve been loving in Australia this month:
1) .30 cent vanilla soft-serve cones: Yes, you read that correctly, .30 cents. Have I been living under a rock? Was I the only person who didn’t realize soft-serve was so cheap at McDonalds? If that’s the case, I’m making up for it at lightening speed…2-3 cones per week has been happening lately!
2) Fun drinks: I went out with a few of my girlfriends and ordered this “Key West Cooler”. It sounded American, which was why I chose it, and it didn’t disappoint! It was sweet yet refreshing. Isn’t it pretty?
3) Simple dinners: The heat and humidity over the last few weeks has put a serious damper on my desire to cook. I’m thankful for veggie burgers, rotisserie chicken, sweet potatoes, eggs, fresh fruit, and frozen vegetables. Even when I’m tired and don’t necessarily feel like cooking, it’s easy to eat healthy when I have those ingredients around!
4. Fresh flowers: Everything about flowers makes me smile. The colors, the smell, and the way they brighten up a room just makes me happy! Thanks to Brandon for these beautiful “back to school” beauties.
6. New clothes: Thanks Mom for my dress : – )
7. Birthday cake flavored cookies: Or as they say in Australia “100s & 1000s”. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the name, but I sure do love the taste!
8. Care packages and cards: Receiving mail never gets old! Thanks to my thoughtful friends Michelle and Monique, and my family for thinking of me.
9. Warm walks in February with my favorite: I for one am still not used to this “summer” in the winter thing!
10. Researching my future puppy: Currently this happens about once a week. I can dream right?
What are you loving this week?